Where The Wind Takes You
Adventures of a Wind Turbine Engineer
£2 of every Book sold here will be donated to Mind via Work for Good
What’s is about?
What is life really like, one hundred metres above solid ground, working on a wind turbine? Rookie technician Aaron is about to find out. Clambering up his first tower, he’s a mixture of fear and exhilaration – a state of mind he will get very used to. This book is a mixture of his experiences, and those of the men he meets as he travels around Scotland, Australia and the USA: all true. They fall out of turbines, crash company cars, almost drown, stop a turbine with a shotgun, escape lightning storms and have to share their cramped work environments with their colleagues’ bowel movements. And that’s just the day job. After hours, armed with a company credit card and bored, Aaron gets into scrapes he hadn’t bargained for. Is he tough enough to work in wind?
Who is it for?
- Difficult-to-buy-for fathers, brothers, boyfriends & grandads
- Anyone with toilet-humour
- People interested in what goes on in wind turbines
- People interested in getting into wind
- People looking for an addition to their downstairs toilet book collection